Friday, February 5, 2010

Selection News - by Daniel Yeow


There has been a great deal of anxiety surrounding the final list of competitors for speed skating in the upcoming Olympic Winter Games. I suppose, if we follow the AP style guide, the most important information should come first, so here it is: Sophie is in, the rest of the Aussie guys are not. What follows is an explanation of how this came to be.

First of all, the sport of speed skating is governed by a body called the international skating union, or ISU............ read more >>>>

From danielyeow.com




Editor Note: Due to the high media exposure during the Winter Olympic Games, my posts will be limited during this time but where possible, I will link to other media reports about Sophie Muir and the short trackers.

Daniel Yeow will be attending particular events during the games and I have no doubt that Daniel will update his site with informative reports and video directly from the site of the games and when possible, I will link to those articles.

After the games, I will begin using the site to deliver articles and news about all Australian ice speed skating, including short track.

I will take this opportunity to congratulate Sophie and Desly on their selection to represent Australia at the games, and I extend my sympathy to all the boys for missing out. To miss out by only 0.2 of a second or so , or by a single place is a bitter pill to swallow. I hope the guys keep training hard and refocus on the remaining world cup season and world championships.

Go Sophie!

Frank Anderson

1 comment:

  1. I agree - I''m so very disappointed for all three young men to have missed the Olympics this time around by a veritable whisker! Commiserations but also congratulations too must go to Josh, Daniel and Ben for the heights that they did reach this season!

    Well done guys! and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments but be aware that any hurtful or inflammatory comments will be moderated at the discretion of the blog manager.